Saturday, April 25, 2009

On running...

An interesting new-ish theory... humans' endurance running ability was so that we could run potential prey to death....perhaps, but I won't be all that convinced until I see Marc run a deer to exhaustion and bring home some venison.
... and while we are on the topic of running, CONGRATS to Harsha for a new PR (2:33:36) at the Boston Marathon, and to Karen for a great run as well (on a gimpy knee) -- 3:47:19! Also, it should be noted that Karen successfully defended her dissertation on Wednesday (yes, 2 days after running Boston!) Those crazy type-A Swatties!?!

Marc & I only managed a little more than marathon between the 2 of us at the Owls Roost 1/2 marathon trail run out in Greensboro this morning. Marc lead the race and lost the trail, ended up running an extra ~ 1.5 miles and still won the race, but wasn't able to set the course record as a result.

But, maybe I've gotten inspired by Karen, Harsha and all the other runners around me ... I signed up to do the Chicago Marathon in October 11th, 2009! The countdown and the training begins next week!

As for other things that have been running in our house, here's a picture of four processors that have been running simultaneously almost non-stop these past few weeks...


On the sphere on which we live...

One of our tulips really wanted to be something else --- a rose perhaps? Cute!


We appeared to have skipped Spring and have gone straight into Summer (the high today is 90 degress -- not great for a race)... but some animals are enjoying it... here's a cat napping in the window of a local second-hand bookstore.
And in the spirit of Earth Day, I painted part of our kitchen ... what else? green!

No comments: