What a great way to celebrate my second 29th birthday. Marc & Amber sent out emails to a bunch of friends asking them to get me bars of chocolate -- the idea is that I would get 30 bars, so as you can imagine, I have amassed a scary amount of chocolate, which based on a rough calculation works out so that if I had 1 piece/cube everyday, I would have enough to last me until my next birthday. Thanks everyone who partook in the scheme!<-- Part of the loot
My parents sent me an amazing bouquet of pink roses that are quite an impressive sight and that makes me smile every time I see them. Marc also baked me a lovely carrot cake, which we have somehow managed (between only the 2 of us) to consume 50% of in less than 24 hours and over 75% of in 2 days. Good thing we both went on a long run today -- it was a gorgeous weekend for being outside... everyone was out and our tulips are finally opening!... and UNC is in the NCAA final (I still root for Duke when UNC & Duke play each other) ... gotta love April! Guess being 30 isn't too bad ...
~ Shuwen
p.s.: Just found out that one of my Duke friends (Andrea Wong Mates) just had a baby girl, Lillian, on April 3rd! There is something about that date!

No comments:
Post a Comment