It's mid-week already, and I am up late working on a presentation I am to give tomorrow at a graduate student lunch seminar. I will be talking about the demand for cholera vaccines in Mozambique, something that I have now been presenting in a few different settings. It is good practice to give these talks because each audience is very different. The last time I spoke about the work, I was in a conference full of economists; the first time was in front of engineers; this time
the audience will be much more general.
I have not heard too much from Shu Wen tonight...she's busy working upstairs. We had dinner at her old house and heard/discussed another student's research into how she defines and hopes to measure corruption in Brazil. It is a fascinating topic for anyone who does extensive international work, since corruption appears everywhere but in very different forms.
The rest of the week looks busy as well. We have events to attend tomorrow night and will host some guests on Thursday night. This weekend, we will actually go on a date to hear Chick Corea play at Memorial Hall, our University performance locale. And Sunday night will be spent at another student's house for an Indian dinner.
Meanwhile, the cooler nights have forced us to bring our plants indoors, so we have a veritable jungle inside. My green thumb appears to have lost a bit of its chlorophyll, as I unfortunately managed to kill Shu Wen's bonsai tree. It was 4 years old and she was very upset, but I am not really sure what did it! It was a very sudden event, one which took much less time than the mourning it has inspired.
Well, I had better return to work, but I want to wish everyone a good night first!
Tuesday, October 10, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment