Monday, January 01, 2007

HAPPY NEW YEAR!! We ushered in the new year while on the plane and arrived in Singapore early this morning.

Marc & I were both quite impressed by the new Singapore Airline Boeing 777 planes. The seats were slightly wider, the entertainment selection was unbelieveable (as a result I barely slept during the 12 hr flight), and the food -- the best airplane food I've had. It also helped that there were real utensils and glasses used :) Marc noted how much more comfortable the seats were and manaed to sleep well for a good 4-5 hours. We were in economy class, and already it seemed nice. When we walked by the business class and first class sections while disembarking, we were blown away by those seats to the extent that they were a little over the top. For example, in first class, each passager had their own 21 inch LCD flat screen.

Our train ride from Rennes to Paris was pretty uneventful, though the night at CDG felt rather long. Marc managed to stay awake the whole night through by working and I dozed a little here and there. It was interesting to see the characters who like us were for some logistical reason or another stuck at CDG overnight. We were so happy to get onto our flight for Singapore and get pampered.

Our first day in Singapore has been going well. My brother and fiancee, Cynthia (they have announced their plans to get married in Jan 2008) are also in town. We had breakfast together and chatted a bit. I fell asleep for a couple of hours but Marc with his iron will is still up and running (literary -- he is currently out for a run). We went for a walk this afternoon, which was helpful. Apparently the plan for tomorrow is for the whole family to go to Sentosa Island.

~ Shuwen

No comments: