For the past 3 weeks, Marc & I have been going to a Contemplative Prayer/Meditation group at our church on Wednesday evenings. I had chosen to do this because I knew that eventhough the concept was an easy one, it is something that I will struggle a lot to do and is not something I can do on my own. It is like quiet time really -- I am very bad at setting aside time to just hang out with God.
Anyway, it has been a good experience for me and has made me think more about trying to work it into my daily (or at least weekly) life. Sitting still and being quiet for 20 minutes is not really the hard part of me, and actually I find it very relaxing -- too relaxing perhaps because I often find myself starting to drift off to sleep (the evening sessions probably also don't help!) Setting aside the 20 mins is probably what I struggle with the most because I am attracted to work on other things with that 20 mins. So, having group accountability helps. Marc & I are planning on setting aside some time at least once a week to do this together, that way we will both be sure to stick with it.
The group is also planning to continue meeting up once a week to do this together at the church. This is great! I hope Marc & I will be able to make it to those too. It will be nice to have a big group session, a couple session, and maybe eventually I will work in a 'one-on-One' session.
~ Shuwen
Thursday, September 28, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment