We did it! Marc set a new PR by 10 seconds (2:20:23) and I qualified for Boston (3:39:26)!Can you spot Marc in this photo?
Thanks to all our friends and family who rooted for us the whole way either on the cold Chicago roads or online. We had a great time, although we are sure to be sore the next few days. The cold temperatures (it was 33 degrees at the start, 38 at 10am and 45 at 11:30am) slowed both of us down in our respective second halves, as our muscles started getting tighter than usual, but we still made some new accomplishments and had fun along the way.
For me, it was a great first marathon to be part of. The Chicago Marathon is very well organized and everything ran like clockwork, I thought. We are off to the airport in 30 mins.... Marc will be headed to Sudan & Ethiopia for 3 weeks and I'll be heading back to NC. More another time, but just wanted to put up a quick post for now.
~ Shuwen

5 comments:
I had no idea you two are off to the airport right now. MADNESS!!! You should be drinking beer and eating chocolate!! Celebrate! You are phenomenal!!!!!!! Great job today!
Wow, you guys are amazing! good job in such cold weather.
safe travels all over the world Marc and enjoy the warmth on Africa.
So awesome you guys! Very impressive and inspiring, makes me want to do more than swim lazy laps!
Congrats! You both are crazy, but I'm still proud of you.
:-)
Good work. Amazing first marathon!
It is unclear from the photo if Marc is wearing those goofy armwarmer thingys. I find them unacceptable.
Post a Comment