I will hit the road tomorrow for DC where I will spend the night at Cate's and get to catch up with her before continuing up to Philly on Friday. Meanwhile, I've been busy tying up loose ends here and spent a significant amount of time today baking, cleaning, laundering, and getting the car's oil changed (what my mom would call: "being a good wife") as well as pulling together datasets to work on while in PA. I spoke to Marc on Sunday and earlier today. He is doing well in Vitre, spending time with Mamie & Marie-Francoise, as well as meeting up with some extended family (Jean & his siblings, and the cousins Antoine & Jerome). He is getting well fed I'm sure. Sounds like this winter is rather brutal in Bretagne, with temperatures falling into the low 20s.Also, CONGRATS to my brother (Wee Kiat) & Cynthia for tying the knot in Singapore on Saturday! After arriving in Singapore last week, they were able to get an appointment for a civil ceremony at the Singapore Registry of Marriages and had a simple celebratory dinner with some family this past Saturday. The plans were rather rushed and up in the air in terms of timing, so Marc & I were unable to travel to Singapore for that. They headed back to Dubai yesterday and my parents will visit them next week to spend Christmas with them.
Lastly, some 'fun' holiday reading for you! HAPPY HOLIDAYS everyone!
~ Shuwen

No comments:
Post a Comment