Monday, September 10, 2007

I am now back at home alone in Carrboro while Marc remains in PA this next week. Hopefully I will be able to remain productive in his presence -- being around Marc makes one feel guilty about not working since he is constantly working! I am set to defend my dissertation proposal in 8 days *yikes*!

Food continued to be key the key feature the rest of the time Dad & Mom Jeuland were in town, which included a wonderful sushi & sashimi meal at Oiishi (Japanese for delicious). Mom also got to try a few more Locopop flavors a few hours before getting on the plane back to Chicago.

Just 2 days after Dad & Mom left from their visit, Marc & I headed up to Philly to see Christine & Chris as well as run in the Swarthmore Alumni 5K. Not surprisingly, Marc won it despite the terribly hot, humid & hilly conditions. He finished in 17:05. I accomplished my goal of not coming in last and finished 10+mins after Marc. I am not sure if I would do this again next year. Pete should seriously think about moving it to the AM instead of making us old foggies suffer in the 90 degree heat.

As usual, we ate well with Chris & Christine taking care of us. On Saturday we went to White Dog in Center City -- a neat restaurant with a socially conscious agenda. The food was great, but the service seemed a little iffy that night. There is also a gem of a place in Raynor that has a wonderful Sunday brunch. The terrace faces a pond (hence its name "Pond") with swans hanging out around it.

Time for bed after a very long drive back!

~ Shuwen

No comments: