Meanwhile, >8000 miles away...
... Shuwen is wondering how summer suddenly descended upon Chapel HIll in a matter of 3 days. Seems like there wasn't even a spring this year! It has been in the upper 70s in past few days (and probably in the 80s today) Our poor tulips have started budding before their stalks are even an inch high (yes, stunted tulips!)... well i'm not sure how much of that was due to my late planting after they already started sprouting a little in the bags! But, at any rate, they are looking really strange. On the other hand, at least there are flowers! Frosythia, red buds, cherry blossoms and crocuses are all popping out now!
I spent last weekend getting our vegetable garden started with lettuce, spinach, arugula, radish brocolli and peas. This afternoon I put in some green beans and peppers, as well as raked and mowed the lawn. In a few weeks I'll be able to put in herbs and get tomatoes and okra going. Wish us luck this year!
... Shuwen is wondering how summer suddenly descended upon Chapel HIll in a matter of 3 days. Seems like there wasn't even a spring this year! It has been in the upper 70s in past few days (and probably in the 80s today) Our poor tulips have started budding before their stalks are even an inch high (yes, stunted tulips!)... well i'm not sure how much of that was due to my late planting after they already started sprouting a little in the bags! But, at any rate, they are looking really strange. On the other hand, at least there are flowers! Frosythia, red buds, cherry blossoms and crocuses are all popping out now!
I spent last weekend getting our vegetable garden started with lettuce, spinach, arugula, radish brocolli and peas. This afternoon I put in some green beans and peppers, as well as raked and mowed the lawn. In a few weeks I'll be able to put in herbs and get tomatoes and okra going. Wish us luck this year!

No comments:
Post a Comment