EarThqUaKE!
The East coast is typically not an area associated with earthquakes. So it was puzzling when I noticed everything in my office shaking for about 10 seconds this afternoon. I stuck my head out of my door and asked loudly – did anyone else feel that? What was it?? At first I thought it was construction from across the street (when they were setting the foundation a few months ago, there were numerous episodes of sudden BOOMS that would shake our building, but those were split-second, and did not last like this one). My co-worker who grew up in Seattle was bracing herself around a door frame – she was well-trained, unlike the rest of us who was still not-convinced that it could have been an earthquake. A quick check on the US geological survey confirmed it at 5.9 (amazing for the East Coast)!
Being the dork I am, I was just grateful that the tremor we had here was not powerful enough to knock our power or computer connections out as I was running a bunch of data analysis programs! Phew!
Hope everyone out there wasn't too badly affected either.
Tuesday, August 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment