We are officially homeowners! Our new home is about 10 mins (drive) from Marc's soon-to-be office at Duke, and is on 3 bus lines for me to get to work (~ 15 min travel time). It has a beautiful garden in the front, lots of azaleas, at least 2 blossom trees (either apple or pear, I think), and is surrounded by tall established pines. We love it!This weekend we started moving some boxes over and made headway on a veggie garden (there was already a raised bed all set up for us!). Hopefully we will have a bountiful crop of tomatoes, okra, butternut squash, peppers, lettuce, and a selection of herbs this summer!
Filed our taxes yesterday -- yay to first-time-homebuyer tax credit! We'll be using it towards upgrading the kitchen and getting some built in bookshelves. Just doing our job in stimulating the economy!
Come visit! Oh, and if you want to update your address book, we are now at:
221 Scarlett Drive
Chapel Hill, NC 27517
~ Shuwen

2 comments:
congratulations! the house sounds great. i'm jealous of the fruit trees.
Yea! I can't wait to come visit! Not sure when that will be yet ... so you have plenty of time to raise those veggies I think ... but I'm still looking forward to it. :-)
Post a Comment