Sunday, July 26, 2009

Ah... another week gone by. I logged my highest mileage thus far this week at 50 miles, without really meaning to ( I miscalculated earlier in the week)... my legs feel mostly ok, but the joints are protesting slightly to all this additional pounding, so hopefully a rest day tomorrow will help. Think I will take a nap shortly.

But beyond running, Lillis stayed over last Thursday PM - Sunday, which gave us some time to catch up and for me to get a better understanding of her past year in Nairobi, Kenya. She also introduced me to a short-lived series called "Pushing Daisies".... which I promptly got sucked into. Lillis also taught me about all the wonderful functions of my sewing machine and got me started on a few projects. For now I think I'll stick with trying to master the art of sewing straight (still not very good at that), so no ambitious projects yet.

And I'm sad to report the demise of our vegetable garden, which was the victim of some crazy vandal who ripped out all out plants sometime between Tues and Wed AM. I came back from my hill workout on Wed and found my tomato, broccoli, chard and squash plants tossed all over the side yard... they could not be salvaged. Our orange plant was also moved and it's pot was broken along with some of it's branches. So, I've made lots of salsa out of the green and semi-ripe tomatoes, pickled some broccolis stems, gave some of these away and have been eating an insane amount of vegetables. It's too late in the season now to replant anything, and I'm honestly feeling somewhat discouraged, so this might be it for the year.

Work has been busy as I finished off a long review paper (over 50 pages single spaced!), and plan for the training sessions in the UAE.

Marc comes home on Tuesday! yay!

~ Shuwen

No comments: