Summer Lessons
Running is funny -- a year and a half ago I completely hated it and only started so that I could work on my cardio-vascular fitness. Now, I find myself checking running websites, reading running magazines, and able to tell people when various races are happening! I ran 6.5 miles on Saturday, 8 miles on Sunday (part of which was in the rain) Ackkk!! What is happening to me? I still have a long way to go in terms of building up my endurance (hope to do a half-marathon in Nov/Dec) and cutting down my pace, but it is amazing how good I usually feel after a good run lately --Marc has noted that I am rather hyper for a few hours post-run.
The learning continues. I have recently acquired a friend's old bike in attempts to brave the roads to try commuting to school and around town. This is a work in progress -- I've got to get a number of things to ensure that I am road-safe first of all. I also need to practice biking steadily with one hand (so that I can signal), learn how to start & stop safely in traffic & at lights, and get used to carry a 5 lb backpack while I ride. Hopefully in a few weeks I will be able to feel confident about hitting the road.
Who says nothings gets taught or learned in summer?
~ Shuwen
ps: photos from the Boston Marathon can be viewed by using this link
Sunday, May 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment