Wednesday, April 04, 2007

It's official, I'm 28! Thanks to everyone for their cards, phone calls, well-wishes, gifts & in joining me in the celebration! It was a lovely day in North Carolina with blue skies and lots of sunshine! I started off the day with a run before doing a little work & then headed off to my classes.

Marc & I had a happy-tum-tum dinner at Panzanella. We started with an Aurgula salad (with beets, walnuts, gorgonzola) and mussels (in a superb white wine, tomato, herb & spicy sausage broth). Then I had a nice Yukon potato gnocchi with a perfect lemon butter, artichokes & asparagus sauce, while Marc went for the pork loin marsala with figs over polenta. We ate so much we decided to take a nice stroll after dinner rather than drive over to a friend's for dessert. Dessert was compliments of Amber who had picked up a wonderfully sinful Sachertorte. A few other friends were there too to hang out and have the cake with us :)

A crew of us then caught "The Lives of Others", which won the best foreign film (German) in this year's Oscars. What a poignant and touching movie. I think all the girls came out teary-eyed from that. We highly recommend it!! It was a late night with the movie ending after 11:30pm, but I 'm happy so many people were able to come out to join us especially on a 'school night'. Thanks y'all!

~ Shuwen

1 comment:

Jane and Eric Jeuland said...

oh! I didn't know. Happy Birthday :)-eric