Thursday, February 15, 2007

Happy Birthday, Marc! and 新年快乐 (Happy Lunar New Year) to all!!

The next week will be a busy one with celebrations, meetings to attend, a dental appointment (my first in 3 years!) & presentations to give. Tonight we will have a much anticipated dinner at Bonne Soiree, compliments of Marc's parents. We have heard some amazing things about this place from a variety of people and reviews, so we are psyched! I do suspect we will be the youngest people there by far even with it being Valentine's week.

Lunar New Year starts Feb 18th (this Sunday) and we will be celebrating it by having some friends over for a meal together. I'm not going to be as ambitious as I was the past two years with putting together an eight-course meal for 12. Instead I will just make about four dishes and our guests are bringing a few things to add to the 'spread'. I have made a few cheesy LNY decorations to put around the house to add to the festivities, such as paper lanterns and origami. Hopefully our friends' kids will like them & will bring them home. I can no longer joke " 恭喜发财, 红包拿来 ", which translates to "May you be prosperous, give me a red packet" because as a married woman I am no longer eligible for red packets. That is too bad :P

Oh, there was an article about Nana and her contributions to the "Meals on Wheels" program in Pittsburg in their local paper a few days ago. Here is the link to that. http://morningsun.net/stories/020907/people_20070209099.shtml Go Nana!

~ Shuwen 淑雯

No comments: